Monday, March 21, 2016

Heavenly Father Loves Us All....


Do you know how you just can't control what comes out of your children's mouths?  Well, this illustration was inspired by exactly that type of situation.  My youngest daughter is 6 years old and has quite a personality.  Recently, she discovered that she can share her testimony in sacrament meeting.  Her brother took her up to the stand, so my husband and I were still in the congregation. (We always sit in the vary back because I can't get there on time to save my life!!!)  So our sweet little girl gets up to the pulpit and with all the sincerity in her heart says "Heavenly Father loves us all.....even if you're German."  what?!!!  We have no idea where that statement came from.  I didn't know she even knew what a german was!  All around us, the other families in the ward were shaking with laughter.  After our initial shock and embarrassment wore off, we got a good giggle about it too.  Of course, we spent the day assuring people that we love our German brothers and sisters.  People kept asking us "So, what's up with germans?" Anyway, my cute sweet daughter simply bore testimony that she knows her Heavenly Father loves every one.  It doesn't get much better than that.  I drew this little illustration with her in mind.  In fact, she is hiding in it!  Can you find her?



I don't know about you, but everywhere I turn, the world seems to be saturated with political propaganda.  It can get really old, really fast.  Especially when candidates try to tear each other down.  Still, I think it's so important for us to get out and vote.  I was shocked in the 2012 election to find that over 3 million registered voters just stayed home.  We live in trying times, but doing nothing will never help.  This is my personal public service announcement.  Follow your conscious.  Get out and vote for what you feel is right.

I'm going to post this on my facebook page.  You are welcome to do the same if you feel so inclined. :)

3 comments:

Moore4jess said...

I just discovered your blog! I love all your images! You have such a great talent! Thank you so much for sharing it with us!

Camille said...

Hi Susan!

The link to download your "Heavenly Father Loves Us All" image isn't working...at least for me. Would you mind checking it? Sorry to bother. I'm wanting to use it for a lesson plan I'm working on.

Thank you!!

~Camille

Camille said...

I got what I needed by right clicking on the image! I should have tried that first before contacting you. Thanks for everything!!

~Camille